2020-2021 School Year
Jan. 25-29: Revised Traditional Learning Plan
Feb. 15: Presidents Day - No School
Education Learning Considerations:
We will utilize our Revised Traditional Learning Plan.
- Monday Remote Learning Day for all students
- Tuesday-Friday: Face to Face learning days for all students
We may return to our Modified Learning Plan at any time based on the health and safety of our students and staff.
Monday Remote Learning Days
- Attendance will be taken by morning zoom meetings with your child’s homeroom/1st period teacher at 8:00 a.m. If your child does not attend the morning zoom meeting, you may email your child’s teacher or call your child’s school building.
- Grab and go meals may be picked up at Ridgewood Middle School from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We will deliver school meals on the after school bus route stops.
Full time Remote Learning students may return to face to face instruction at any time during the 3rd nine weeks. If you plan on returning back to face to face instruction, please contact your child’s school building.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding. We are very proud on how our students have adapted and adjusted during the first semester of the school year. We appreciate all the families and community support.
Staff Covid-19 Vaccinations:
We are hopeful to receive the vaccinations for Covid-19 for the week of February 1. We are partnering with Muskingum Valley Health Centers in the administration of the vaccine. We would like to inform parents/guardians of the possibility of remote learning day and/or no student day on the date(s) of the administration of the Covid-19 vaccine. We have over 110 staff members that have signed up for the vaccine.
Muskingum Valley Health Centers:
The MVHC Clinic is located in the module behind the elementary school. View the MVHC School-Based Health Program Video for information on the MVHC School-Linked Health Care Program. Parents/Guardians must complete the MVHC Electronic Docusign Forms for their students to participate in the program. The program also provides health care to the community. They are now offering Flu Vaccines. An appointment can be scheduled by calling 1-888-454-5157.
Normal Operating Hours:
Ridgewood Students: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
General Public: Monday-Friday 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Calamity Days (Snow Days):
Our decision to close school due to weather is based solely on the safety of our students and staff. We utilize data from multiple sources such as weather reports, local and state road conditions as well as contact with area school superintendents when closing school.
We will use a variety of communication avenues when delaying or closing. We will post closings and delays on our school district app as well as our website www.ridgewood.k12.oh.us . We will also utilize our call system. School closings and/or delays will be notified if possible the prior evening or by 5:30 a.m. It is important to update any changes to your phone with our Central Office at 545-6354. In addition, closings and delays will be reported to the following radio stations WTNS, WTUZ, WJER and television stations WHIZ, NBC4, 10WBNS and ABC6/Fox.
We will utilize our remote learning plan for any snow days beyond five.
Reporting of Positive Covid-19 Cases(s):
In the event of a positive student or staff Covid-19 test, the following notification will be applied.
- Confirm positive case with Coshocton County Health Department.
- Email staff to inform a positive case with a student or staff member in our district.
- All Call to the building’s staff and students that a student or staff member tested positive for Covid-19. Anyone identified as close contact will be notified by the Coshocton County Health Department.
- Letter sent home or mailed to students/staff that someone from your child’s/student’s classroom tested positive for Covid-19. The Coshocton County Health Department will contact you if you need to be quarantined.
- Post notification to district website.
Remote Learner’s Expectations---Reminders:
- Student attendance is based on completion of daily lessons/activities and/or zoom meetings.
- Students are expected to be available during normal school hours.
- In the event of a 2 hour delay, full time remote students will need to be flexible with their zoom meetings. Zoom meeting times may stay the same time or be cancelled. It is possible that a zoom meeting will still take place at 8:00 a.m.
- Students will be graded on the accuracy of their daily lessons.
- Parents/guardians should review periodically their child’s google classroom grades.
- Daily lessons/activities are expected to be completed by the end of the school day.
- Student may return to face to face instruction at any time during the 3rd nine weeks.
Building Hours and Restrictions:
We are restricting visitors to all buildings at this time. If you need anything, please call your child’s school building or central office.Our buildings are open from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Ridgewood Elementary School 740-545-5312
Ridgewood Middle School 740-545-6335
Ridgewood High School 740-545-6345
Ridgewood Local Schools 740-545-7639
Everything is subject to change. We will reassess our Reopening Guidelines weekly.