2020-2021 School Year
Dec. 18: 2 Hour Student Early Release/End of 2nd 9 Weeks
Mar. 12: Staff In-Service (Students will not be in session) End of 3rd 9 Weeks
Modified Schedule for Face to Face Students for the Week of December 1-4.
- Monday: No School.
- Tuesday/Wednesday: Group A (Last names A-K) students will attend face to face instruction. Group B students will be remote learning.
- Thursday/Friday: Group B (Last names L-Z) students will attend face to face instruction. Group A student will be remote learning.
- Attendance for Remote learning on Tuesday-Friday will be based on work being completed.
We will provide grab and go meals at the Ridgewood Middle School on Friday, Dec. 4 from 1:30pm-2:00pm. for full time remote learning students. Meals can be picked up behind RMS. If you have yet to receive a school meal at RMS, please contact Michelle Stoffer at 740-545-5301 to be added to the list. Accepting these meals helps not only our students but our school district.These meals are free.
Gabe Tingle for being named the Eastern District Offensive Player of the Year in Football.
Zach Prater for being named the Eastern District Defensive Player of the Year in Football.
John Slusser for being named the Eastern District Coach of the Year in Football.
Mickenzie Spangler for being named to the 2nd Team All Ohio in Soccer.
Townships and Villages Providing Funds:
Ridgewood Local School District has contracted with Johnson’s Plumbing and Heating to install a Bipolar Needlepoint Ionization system to the HVAC systems in all the district buildings.This system will improve air quality and reduce pathogens in our buildings.This would not be possible without the financial help of the following local governments:Village of Plainfield, Village of West Lafayette, Adams Township, Linton Township, and Lafayette Township.
Calamity Days (Snow Days):
Our decision to close school due to weather is based solely on the safety of our students and staff. We utilize data from multiple sources such as weather reports, local and state road conditions as well as contact with area school superintendents when closing school.
We will use a variety of communication avenues when delaying or closing. We will post closings and delays on our school district app as well as our website www.ridgewood.k12.oh.us . We will also utilize our call system. School closings and/or delays will be notified if possible the prior evening or by 5:30 a.m. It is important to update any changes to your phone with our Central Office at 545-6354. In addition, closings and delays will be reported to the following radio stations WTNS, WTUZ, WJER and television stations WHIZ, NBC4, 10WBNS and ABC6/Fox.
We will utilize our remote learning plan for any snow days beyond five.
Reporting of Positive Covid-19 Cases(s)
In the event of a positive student or staff Covid-19 test, the following notification will be applied.
- Confirm positive case with Coshocton County Health Department.
- Email staff to inform a positive case with a student or staff member in our district.
- All Call to the building’s staff and students that a student or staff member tested positive for Covid-19. Anyone identified as close contact will be notified by the Coshocton County Health Department.
- Letter sent home or mailed to students/staff that someone from your child’s/student’s classroom tested positive for Covid-19. The Coshocton County Health Department will contact you if you need to be quarantined.
- Post notification to district website.
Remote Learner’s Expectations---Reminders
- Student attendance is based on completion of daily lessons/activities and/or zoom meetings.
- Students are expected to be available during normal school hours.
- Students will be graded on the accuracy of their daily lessons.
- Parents/guardians should review periodically their child’s google classroom grades.
- Daily lessons/activities are expected to be completed by the end of the school day.
School Meals-Additional Information
Ridgewood Local School District will NOW offer a free breakfast and lunch to all students. Free lunch will now be provided to all students until the end of the school year - May 26, 2021 or until funding ends. Participating in the free breakfast and lunch program helps Ridgewood Local Schools.
Ridgewood Elementary School breakfast will be served when the students enter the building in the morning. Ridgewood Middle School and Ridgewood High School students will pick up their grab and go breakfast in the cafeteria and proceed to their 1st period class. All three school buildings will serve lunch in the cafeteria with students eating either in the cafeteria, classroom and/or gym. Due to the current health situation, we will not have a share cart or microwave/toaster for student use.
Remote Learning student may pick up their meals on Friday, at Ridgewood Middle School from 1:30 to 2:00 p.m. If you have any questions, contact Michelle Stoffer at [email protected]
Muskingum Valley Health Centers
The MVHC Clinic, located in the module behind the elementary school, is now open. View the MVHC School-Based Health Program Video on the district website for information on the MVHC School-Linked Health Care Program. Parents/Guardians must complete the MVHC Electronic Docusign Forms for their students to participate in the program. The program also provides health care to the community. They are now offering Flu Vaccines. An appointment can be scheduled by calling 1-888-454-5157.
Ridgewood Students: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
General Public: Monday-Friday 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Building Hours and Restrictions We are restricting visitors to all buildings at this time. If you need anything, please call your child’s school building or central office. Our buildings are open from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Ridgewood Elementary School 740-545-5312
Ridgewood Middle School 740-545-6335
Ridgewood High School 740-545-6345
Ridgewood Local Schools 740-545-7639
Everything is subject to change. We will reassess our Reopening Guidelines weekly.