- About: Parenting of Adolescents: Sexually Transmitted Diseases STDs
- A series of STD Fact Sheets to help parents of teenagers bone up on and stay current with the information that is out there today.
- American Social Health Association Facts & Answers about STDs
- An Introduction to Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) that includes a list diseases with descriptions. Click on a disease for more information.
- AVERT is an international HIV and AIDS charity based in the UK, with the aim of AVERTing HIV and AIDS worldwide.
- The Center for Young Women's Health Childrens Hospital Boston: Health Information for Teens.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs): General Information section includes questions and answers. If you click on the Sexually Transmitted Diseases link there is a list of diseases you can click on for more questions and answers.
11 Facts About Teens and STIs
A list of 11 facts at DoSomething.org.
- The Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Basics section of the American Social Health Association's iwannaknow.org website. Includes a list diseases with descriptions. Click on a disease for more information.
- Abstinence 'til marriage education provides one of the few successful approaches to decrease teen sexual activity and, therefore, decrease teen pregnancy, STDs and emotional devastation and upheaval. This website provides a party atmosphere where participants can see the consequences of behavior through games, movies and resources including a special feature called "Swat the Fly."
- Teens Health
- TeensHealth was created for teens looking for honest, accurate information and advice about health, relationships, and growing up. Created by The Nemours Foundation's Center for Children's Health Media, TeensHealth and KidsHealth provide teens and families with accurate, up-to-date, and jargon-free health information they can use.
- Momilari Library-Values Education
- A list of character values. Click on a value for more information.
- EQ Informational Site
- A list of emtions includes values. Click on a value for more information.
- Josephson Institute of Ethics.
- Character Counts--The Six Pillars of Character includes a list of values and brief information about each.
American Medical Association--Condition and Illness Related Organizations
A list of links to sites for the foundations and societies of many diseases and conditions.
CDC--Centers for Disease Control and Prevention--Health Topics A to Z
A list of disease and health topics. Click on a letter or scroll down alphabetically.
A guide to health information is a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Healthtouch Online--Health Information Section
Click on a letter or enter a health topic, including diseases.
Helathtouch Online--Health Resources Section
A list of agencies and centers containing health resources.
Internet Public Library--Health & Medical Sciences Resources
A list of links with descriptions for health and medical sciences resources.
Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators--Medicine Section
A list of links with descriptions for the subject medicine.
Librarian's Index to the Internet--Health and Medicine: Diseases & Conditions Section
A list of diseases and conditions that are links to web sites.
The A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia includes over 4,000 articles about diseases, tests, symptoms, injuries, and surgeries. It also contains an extensive library of medical photographs and illustrations.
Net Wellness--Health Topics Section
Three options--click on the beginning letter of your topic, click the down arrow and choose a category, or click the List of All Topics.
- Login and Password required for home use. INFOhio Electronic Resource.
- Online articles from more than 6,000 magazines and newspapers, plus many other resources for K-12 students and teachers.
- SIRS Discoverer Deluxe
- Full-text articles from more than 1,200 sources. Color coded reading levels include content for the younger researcher. It also includes The World Almanac for Kids and Funk & Wagnalls New Encyclopedia.
- World Book Web.
- Login and Password required for home use. An INFOhio Electronic Resource.
- Encyclopedias for three levels: World Book Kids (K-5), World Book Student (5-9),and World Book Advanced (8-12).
- MedlinePlus--Medical Encyclopedia
- The A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia includes over 4,000 articles about diseases, tests, symptoms, injuries, and surgeries. It also contains an extensive library of medical photographs and illustrations.
- American Cancer Society
- The American Cancer Society (ACS) is a nationwide, community- based voluntary health organization.
- Information and tools to help people to manage their health.
- Diabeties Information from MayoClinic.com.
- Osteporosis information from MayoClinic.com.
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Advertising--"Big Tobacco Still Addicting Kids".
- CDC--The Curgeon General's Report for Kids about Smoking
- Contains information of effects of tobacco, advertising, benefits of not smoking, etc.
- He Wanted You to Know
- An article on Bryan Curtis.
- Contains ingrdients of tobacco, advertising information, effects of tobacco, etc.
- The Truth
- Advertising games.
- Main Line Health
- Main Line Health Library - Choose a topic - Respiratory Disorders.
American Heart Association
- American Heart Association
American Heart Association--Fighting Heart Disease and Stroke.
Teens and Alcohol
- About: Alcoholism & Substance Abuse
- About.com Alcoholism & Substance Abuse webpage.
- AMA - Facts about youth and alcohol.
- Includes Wasted youth, Minimum legal drinking age and Alcohol and driving.
- Best of the Web: Alcoholism
- A list of links and resources about alcoholism.
- the cool spot
- Facts on alcohol and peer pressure.
- familydoctor.org - Drinking & Teens
- Facts for teens.
- How to Drug & Alcohol Proof Your Child!
- Information on how parents and other adults can prevent drug and alcohol use by pre-teens and teenagers.
- The Internet Public Library - Alcohol, Drugs & Tobacco
- Resources for health effects of mind-altering and mood-altering substances. A list of links.
- Striving To Reduce Youth Violence Everywhere includes links and resources.
- The Partnership for a Drug-Free America - Alcohol
- Alcohol facts, articles and stories.
- TeensHealth - Alcohol
- The Alcohol section of this Answers & Advice website.
- Focus Adolescent Services
- The Alcohol and Teen Drinking section of this website.
- Just Think Twice
- This website was created by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) as a resource for teens that provides accurate information about drugs - with the hope that this information will serve as the basis for healthy decisions.
- According to their webiste, "At Stay Teen, we don't run a helpline or offer medical advice and treatment ourselves, but our website contains a ton of information on teen pregnancy and many sexual health issues."